Fargo DTC4500e Card Printer
- Side printing: Single or dual
- Print method: Dye-sublimation / resin thermal transfer
- Resolution: 300 dpi
- Print speed: 16 seconds per card / 225 cards per hour (YMCKO)
- Included software: FARGO Workbench™ printer maintenance and diagnostic software with Color Assist™ spot-color matching
- Data protection: AES-256 encryption on the printer over a secure network
Designed for medium-to-large sized organizations, schools, and government institutions looking for reliable, long-term card printing and encoding solutions, the versatility of the HID® FARGO® DTC4500e is unsurpassed. Driven by an extremely robust and reliable print engine, this high-volume printer delivers speed, power and versatility rolled into one.
HID Global’s professional-grade DTC4500e card printer and encoder withstands the daily demands of high-volume card printing. Additional security features — such as password protection and data decryption, locking dual-card hoppers for managing different card stocks and optional holographic or fluorescent (UV) overlaminates that dramatically increase card durability — make this the ideal choice for organizations in need of advanced card protection and performance.
- High-volume performance — Built for organizations requiring robust, high-volume printing every day. Standard features include high-capacity ribbon supplies and dual-input card hoppers that allow for maximum card input capacity and management of multiple card types.
- End-to-end control, flexibility and security — The optional iCLASS SE® encoder (part of the iCLASS SE open encoder platform) can be fully integrated into your printer, allowing you to create, encode (read/write) and manage your secure credentials from start to finish. Design personalized ID badges locally and then program them to work with your current physical access control system (PACS), streamlining your ordering, inventory management and issuance processes.
- Highly versatile — The modular design enables organizations to build on their investment by adding field-upgradeable modules for dual-sided printing, lamination and technology card encoding
- Maximum protection — Protect blank card stock and printed/encoded cards with optional locking card hoppers
- Earth friendly — GreenCircle® Certified for efficient energy consumption and eco-friendly (ECO) refill ribbons
Accepted Card Sizes:
- CR-79 Adhesive Back
GreenCircle® Certified Product
Sustainable attributes of HID card printers have been third-party certified by GreenCircle Certified, LLC and provide organizations with high-performance, energy-efficient photo ID printing solutions that support corporate sustainability initiatives while reducing costs. The certification process verified up to a 57 percent energy savings for the DTC4500e card printer. The default time for sleep mode has been factory-set to five minutes, and printer design enhancements reduce the power consumption while in standby or sleep mode. Energy savings are calculated based on an assessment to a comparable product currently sold in the marketplace.
- Single-wire, Ethernet and USB 2.0 interfaces for inline printing and encoding (only available for iCLASS® and contactless smart card encoding)
- Wireless connectivity with Wi-Fi® accessory (on Ethernet-enabled printers)
- Password protection on the printer
- SmartScreen™ graphical display
- Optional dual-side printing
- Optional dual-side holographic image lamination
- Optional fluorescent printing for additional visual Ultraviolet (UV) security
- Locking card hoppers (dual input or same-side input/output) – field upgradable
- Single-sided or dual-sided (simultaneous) card lamination – field upgradable
- Smart card encoding (contact/contactless) – field upgradable
- Magnetic stripe encoding-field upgradable
- Ethernet with internal print server